1. Throw race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, body shape, and everything you can't control out the window! It doesn't matter. Kawaii style is about embracing your beautiful self and is not dictated by the color of your skin, your size, or anything that you can't change about yourself!
2. Be sweet, kind, and empathetic. Kawaii babes have positive attitudes that everyone loves. Being kawaii is more than just dressing cute, it's about BEING someone people identify as a sweet, kind, and adorable person. Looking attractive or having good style means nothing when your attitude is crap!
3. Dress adorably! Kawaii babes dress in the sweetest and cutest clothing they can find. Think sweet ruffles, frills, lolita dresses, pastel colors, bloomer shorts, suspender skirts, and dungarees! Anything that makes you feel vibrant, youthful, and adorable! Shopping at stores like Kawaii Babe is a fantastic start on your journey to true kawaii style!
4. Do kawaii make-up! Kawaii make-up is all about looking innocent and clean, with a rosy glow. Think bright pink blush just under your eyes, shimmery highlighter, clean winged eyeliner that makes your eyes look bigger, and pink sparkly lip gloss!
Look into gyaru make-up styles. Sexy make-up, does not typically work when trying to achieve a truly kawaii look. So don't do smoky eyes or dark red lips - this will clash with the aesthetic you're trying to achieve.
5. Consider circle lenses! Circle contact lenses really enlarge your eyes and make them resemble the beautifully big eyes of kawaii anime girls! There's tons of styles and shapes and colors to choose from!
6. Have your nails be an extension of your kawaiiness! Your nails are a great opportunity to express your adorable nature. A lot of kawaii babes use rhinestones and sparkly jewels on their nails to really add charm and appeal. But, a fresh and clean french manicure always works well too! If you bite your nails, consider experimenting with some fake nails for fun!
7. Have youthful hair! Think of the traditional hairstyles of a young child - pigtails, headbands, bows, and braids are all great examples of kawaii hairstyles that work with almost any kawaii look. You can also experiment with fun colors without the commitment by wearing realistic wigs made of quality kanekalon fibre. They can even be heat styles. We suggest these wigs for ultimate kawaiiness
8. Gain inspiration from anime! Japanese anime and manga is a great place to gain inspiration for kawaii looks and aesthetics.Magical girl, or mahou shoujo anime, is definitely the best style of anime to gain insight into kawaii looks and styles.
9. Have kawaii role models! Look around online for some cute K-Pop or J-pop role models. Often they have very kawaii style and you can gain incredible insight into traditional kawaii looks by replicating their style, outfits, hair, mannerisms, and more
Hi I love dis it really inspires me to be who I am
yo im in calc class rn thanks for letting me procrastinate. good tips too. thx bb
hiii dis rlly helped me and i hope to see more of dis!
omg this was such inspiration thank you <3
Hi I’m 11 and I really love the kawaii style!!!! LIke SOOOO MUCH , I cant hold it in any more I’m sooo excited when I get older and open a bank account, SO I CAN BUY ME KAWAII STUFF………… I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED TO BE IN THE KAWAII COMMUNITY 🥰😊🤗😜🤩😋😍🥳🥳💖💝💘💓💞💕
I LOVE KAWAII OUTFITS SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!I ALSO LOVE YOUR CONTENT!KEEP POSTING!
Hi I’m Tiffany from the UK i love the kawaii style i feel it fits me best cos I’ve tried a lot of styles, i think this is the best because anyone can be kawaii, Big or small, any age, gender or colour <3
Hi ! I’m Chenoa ! I read this a few times and this was very amazing ! I am 19 but I have been afraid that this may be my " last year " to be kawaii due to me being 20 in 2022 and I am afraid ppl may look at me weird or make fun of me for dressing kawaii cuz of the age I’ll be next year, I know there is a celebrity I FREAKING love named Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and she inspired me that u don’t have to be old, young or in the middle to dress or be kawaii, you can be any age you want ♡♡
Thank you so much ! Chenoa, SouthWestern US
So I just love the kawaii lifestyle and I try my best to be as kawaii as possible in my everyday life. Ever since my sister first introduced me to this when I was younger, I have been completely in love with everything kawaii. I totally love the 9 steps you have listed on How to be Kawaii… i think they are amazing! To me, they seem to lay out all the amazing reasons and important things about being kawaii. I really feel like this is such an awesome way to live – it just all seems so positive and fun. I mean who wouldn’t want to be “sweet, kind, and empathetic” while “embracing your beautiful self” and throwing “race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, body shape, and everything you can’t control out the window!”? All that and getting to “Dress adorably!” too? How could it be any better?
Overall i am always working to be more kawaii in my everyday life. This include working on all of the things brought out in the 9 steps and well as working at being more brave with displaying it in the world, which can be really hard sometimes. So I work on trying to be as sweet and kind and adorable as possible to the people around me. I try to dress adorably every day no matter where i’m going; even if i’m staying home. This doesn’t mean that I’m always wearing a super cute loli dress or something like that, but more that i am trying to stick with outfits that express a sweetness and cuteness in some way like color or design. It also means relaying on cute little accessories or hair pieces or bags to express my “kawaii-ness”. I have worked hard on my makeup routine and feel like I’m finally getting the innocent and clean look I have been looking for. I also do feel like my hair is finally in a style which expresses cuteness without looking forced or out of place and I love to further add that kawaii touch with hair bows or cute head bands.
I’m so thankful for being able to live a kawaii lifestyle. It definitely has not always been easy, particularly being a boy – adorable outfits and makeup is not very well accepted for teenage boys at least here in the US, but I feel like I am finally getting brave enough to express myself more fully. I can’t imagine ever wanting not to be kawaii!
I am only 14 and I can’t wear makeup or alot of kawaii things but I would still like to be kawaii.
I am 14 in UK+ I love your blog. the only problem with aesthetics is sometimes people laugh at you so I’m kinda nervous to be aesthetic . when my friend wore long cottagecore dresses to school everybody looked at her like ‘what the heck is that ?’’ but I hope I can embrace my kawaii self :) . also , I believe that if religion , sexual orientation etc matter to you then please don’t get ridda them
Your website is so cute! I love all things kawaii and I think you have lots of great tips here! ^^ I wish kawaii things were more popular in my country. But I’m usually the only one I know loving kawaii haha. I’m sure there are more people but they’re so few and far between here in America.
Im from arizona the most ghetto place ever and the worst part is everyone here dresses like jeans and cheap crop tops.i really wanna be kawaii and i wanna move to japan and express my self there.But i dont wanna leave my family behind.plus my dad makes fun of asians and it makes me sad because i only want asian people in my life.i just hate every thing in my life right now.
Im only a child but I like this I mean kawaii is childish looking but I really like this thank you so much!!!
Hey to anyone who is reading this! I am 13 and i live in England so it’s really hard for me to dress what i like. If you are confused why it’s hard it’s because everyone in England gets forced to dress the same or you will get bullied.(LIKE REALLY BADLY) i have gone threw many aeshetics and i have lost friends because they have forced me into being “NORMAL” so yeah. Type in teenage chav from england on google and you will see what i mean. So thank you fr this shopping site although it is a bit pricey but i’m saving up £298 XD and i only have £29 haha. I hope you have a good day/night and i will be back in 5 years time when i have saved up HAHA. if you wanna be friends my snapchat is =xx_livbrownxx i will add people all ages/gender/race/religion! I love making new friends <3
Don’t “be kawaii”. It is a false/superficial mask. Be you. & don’t throw your religious beliefs away either or anything else important and healthy 2 you. 🙂
Thank you for the post it’s really helpful.Im from the us so the style isn’t very popular,but I enjoy looking kawaii and it makes me happy so I’ve been looking for good and affordable places to buy from.Not only did you have that,but you also had a very helpful blog.
This article has made me feel better about myself becoming kawaii. Before I read this article I thought because I’m Serbian I can’t be kawaii. This article has made me realize that anyone no matter how they look or are can be kawaii.
This page was super helpful! Even though KAWAII fashion is freaking super cute I’ve seriously had no idea where to start. I’m from the U.S well the southeastern part of the country so I never really had many options since all the stores are up I. The northeast like NYC. Thanks for helping me get a start^^ Arigato Shita
I live in Japan and it’s really popular here and I am in high school and other girls think I am not kawaii enough.Good thing I learned English because a new student Is here and she is from us and I am her helper
high fives ya with my pikachu paw This page makes me happy. I always grew up a girly girl :) That said, i love the pikachu inspired name i came up with when i became a pokemon fan x3….Jirachi was begging for somethin’ like this from the very beginning~(Jirachu=Pikachu+Jirachi. KAWAII!!! :D)
I hope one day I can own more super kawaii type clothes :3 Me and my family are kind of…pretty poor xD; I do wear dresses all the time, though, and i have a good amount in pastels/cute colors and patturns overall i think :)
I also LOVE Hello Kitty! :D Hello Kitty is amazing.
can i be kawaii and still be chubby or do i have to be skinny in order to be kawaii
I guess this store isn’t the most popular in the world, but it really is amazing. I’m a boy so it’s more difficult for me to express myself… but I love crossdressing and this is the style I admire most. I’m planning to buy alot here in the future. thank you!
Can I be kawaii if I’m only 11?