1. Throw race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, body shape, and everything you can't control out the window! It doesn't matter. Kawaii style is about embracing your beautiful self and is not dictated by the color of your skin, your size, or anything that you can't change about yourself!
2. Be sweet, kind, and empathetic. Kawaii babes have positive attitudes that everyone loves. Being kawaii is more than just dressing cute, it's about BEING someone people identify as a sweet, kind, and adorable person. Looking attractive or having good style means nothing when your attitude is crap!
3. Dress adorably! Kawaii babes dress in the sweetest and cutest clothing they can find. Think sweet ruffles, frills, lolita dresses, pastel colors, bloomer shorts, suspender skirts, and dungarees! Anything that makes you feel vibrant, youthful, and adorable! Shopping at stores like Kawaii Babe is a fantastic start on your journey to true kawaii style!
4. Do kawaii make-up! Kawaii make-up is all about looking innocent and clean, with a rosy glow. Think bright pink blush just under your eyes, shimmery highlighter, clean winged eyeliner that makes your eyes look bigger, and pink sparkly lip gloss!
Look into gyaru make-up styles. Sexy make-up, does not typically work when trying to achieve a truly kawaii look. So don't do smoky eyes or dark red lips - this will clash with the aesthetic you're trying to achieve.
5. Consider circle lenses! Circle contact lenses really enlarge your eyes and make them resemble the beautifully big eyes of kawaii anime girls! There's tons of styles and shapes and colors to choose from!
6. Have your nails be an extension of your kawaiiness! Your nails are a great opportunity to express your adorable nature. A lot of kawaii babes use rhinestones and sparkly jewels on their nails to really add charm and appeal. But, a fresh and clean french manicure always works well too! If you bite your nails, consider experimenting with some fake nails for fun!
7. Have youthful hair! Think of the traditional hairstyles of a young child - pigtails, headbands, bows, and braids are all great examples of kawaii hairstyles that work with almost any kawaii look. You can also experiment with fun colors without the committment by wearing realistic wigs made of quality kanekalon fibre. They can even be heat styles. We suggested these wigs for ultimate kawaiiness
8. Gain inspiration from anime! Japanese anime and manga is a great place to gain inspiration for kawaii looks and aesthetics.Magical girl, or mahou shoujo anime, is definitely the best style of anime to gain insight into kawaii looks and styles.
9. Have kawaii role models! Look around online for some cute K-Pop or J-pop role models. Often they have very kawaii style and you can gain incredible insight into traditional kawaii looks by replicating their style, outfits, hair, mannerisms, and more
Your website is so cute! I love all things kawaii and I think you have lots of great tips here! ^^ I wish kawaii things were more popular in my country. But I’m usually the only one I know loving kawaii haha. I’m sure there are more people but they’re so few and far between here in America.
Im from arizona the most ghetto place ever and the worst part is everyone here dresses like jeans and cheap crop tops.i really wanna be kawaii and i wanna move to japan and express my self there.But i dont wanna leave my family behind.plus my dad makes fun of asians and it makes me sad because i only want asian people in my life.i just hate every thing in my life right now.
Im only a child but I like this I mean kawaii is childish looking but I really like this thank you so much!!!
Hey to anyone who is reading this! I am 13 and i live in England so it’s really hard for me to dress what i like. If you are confused why it’s hard it’s because everyone in England gets forced to dress the same or you will get bullied.(LIKE REALLY BADLY) i have gone threw many aeshetics and i have lost friends because they have forced me into being “NORMAL” so yeah. Type in teenage chav from england on google and you will see what i mean. So thank you fr this shopping site although it is a bit pricey but i’m saving up £298 XD and i only have £29 haha. I hope you have a good day/night and i will be back in 5 years time when i have saved up HAHA. if you wanna be friends my snapchat is =xx_livbrownxx i will add people all ages/gender/race/religion! I love making new friends <3
Don’t “be kawaii”. It is a false/superficial mask. Be you. & don’t throw your religious beliefs away either or anything else important and healthy 2 you. 🙂
Thank you for the post it’s really helpful.Im from the us so the style isn’t very popular,but I enjoy looking kawaii and it makes me happy so I’ve been looking for good and affordable places to buy from.Not only did you have that,but you also had a very helpful blog.
This article has made me feel better about myself becoming kawaii. Before I read this article I thought because I’m Serbian I can’t be kawaii. This article has made me realize that anyone no matter how they look or are can be kawaii.
This page was super helpful! Even though KAWAII fashion is freaking super cute I’ve seriously had no idea where to start. I’m from the U.S well the southeastern part of the country so I never really had many options since all the stores are up I. The northeast like NYC. Thanks for helping me get a start^^ Arigato Shita
I live in Japan and it’s really popular here and I am in high school and other girls think I am not kawaii enough.Good thing I learned English because a new student Is here and she is from us and I am her helper
high fives ya with my pikachu paw This page makes me happy. I always grew up a girly girl :) That said, i love the pikachu inspired name i came up with when i became a pokemon fan x3….Jirachi was begging for somethin’ like this from the very beginning~(Jirachu=Pikachu+Jirachi. KAWAII!!! :D)
I hope one day I can own more super kawaii type clothes :3 Me and my family are kind of…pretty poor xD; I do wear dresses all the time, though, and i have a good amount in pastels/cute colors and patturns overall i think :)
I also LOVE Hello Kitty! :D Hello Kitty is amazing.
can i be kawaii and still be chubby or do i have to be skinny in order to be kawaii
I guess this store isn’t the most popular in the world, but it really is amazing. I’m a boy so it’s more difficult for me to express myself… but I love crossdressing and this is the style I admire most. I’m planning to buy alot here in the future. thank you!
Can I be kawaii if I’m only 11?
i feel like kawaii people act cute and make their voice really small and pitchey.
this made me so inspired to dress in kawaii I live in Canada so its not that popular but you made me feel happy and more KAWAII thank you
I don’t think I’m quite cute enough to be kawaii…but I’ll still try my absolute hardest! I want to be kawaii more than anything else in the world.
Haiiii this really made me happy because I am kawaii af I live in uk so when I go to Glasgow the first place I go is my manga store 😃 I just bought loads of kawaii stuff yesterday and my rooms getting a makeover next week 😃
Hi there what’s up ? I am in hallsville , Texas I
USA . Any way I’m bimale cross dresser and I love your out fits super cute. Any way all trying to be the cutes girl I can. But I could be doing better if a little help from some
Friends. Hope every one has a good day
I love this tutorial, and I’m trying to use it, but I don’t know if the stuff I have is kawaii or not. This is hard!
But still, I love the tutorial!
Thank you! I love the kawaii style and this helps me know how to accessorize
thank you. ❤ this made me happy.